Saturday, March 05, 2005

Do clothes make the man?

Well my new tv had to be exchanged. Darn one I had drug from the back of the warehouse was faulty. Needless to say the thought of carrying it back downstairs (live on 3rd floor) and bringing the new one back in, didn't appeal to me too much. The new one works good though...

So after all that was done I felt it was time to update my wardrobe. Sure I have bought the odd shirt or pair of pants over the years, but never have I gone out and bought (what do you girls call it?) sets. I walked into Jean's Experts with a mission. The girl at the counter asked if she could help me, I replied "I want clothes that make me look good, like damn good". yes i know cocky response to give her, but hey I was in one of my many weird moods. So off I went with her in the lead as she showed me the various "hip" "in" "now" (take your pick which one best fits) styles. All I told her was loose around the leg and absolutly no bellbottoms. Then I heard it "these jeans would look good on you with this shirt here". Yes I have always tried to look presentable but never have I had a shirt for a certain pair of jeans. But I was in my mood, so I said "cool lets find out". Off i went to their very open change room (a curtain that draws around you) and tried this emsemble. I felt all I needed was a pair of shades and I would have been invincible. As I am changing back to my (what now feels like rags) she picks out another set. Still in my mood, I try those on. I didn't have that invincible feeling but more of a mellow, take everything as it comes, "ya i just caught you checking me out" feeling......So I did what any other single 30 year old would do: I bought both sets.

3 Comments:

Blogger Riki said...

Sounds like a score.... hehe... now, what happens if you meet this girl at Breakers or somewhere else some night... after you've been into the rum, but before you have the shades on.... and she reconizes you wearing the wrong shirt with the wrong jeans??? She'll know your secret!!!! *LOL*

6:42 p.m., March 06, 2005  
Blogger sourisboy said...

~LOL~ it was actually funny last night. My roomates gf was here and told I should wear (and she picked set #2) cus it would make me look intelligent but sexy

6:46 p.m., March 06, 2005  
Blogger Riki said...

Ok... now I've gotta see this outfit.... *LOL*

11:50 p.m., March 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home