Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Political thoughts

Well after an interesting night of threats and apologies, it's time to post my views on the latest poll.

All I can say is tsk tsk. The liberals were given a perfect situation to really come out on top. Sure they got some gains, but not nearly what I figured they would be. Guess I gave their leadership too much credit. When I say leadership, I don't just mean Ghiz. In most parties, there is always a group of people in the "back room" calling some of the shots. What did all that aiming to come ahead cause? They are ahead as a party but their leader still can't beat Binns. Because of this, the government still has the popular support?? There has been more screw ups/cut backs in the past year to make the 7.5% incident look like it was a payout. When I left working with the tories, none of these issues had come to light. They were sitting high on the hog. Now after all this, the hog is a little leaner, but they are still on top. With a little time and a few "good news" initiatives, the liberals will loose ground again. If I was a liberal, I would feel cheated. The chest was exposed, the claws sharpened. But with all the worring on "looking good" and not revealing the truth of the issues, the tories are still in a survivable position. It was like they attacked, drew blood, and said " o shit I cut you, let me get you a bandaid".

Thinking back I remember how worried we were that Buchanan would win the leadership. Countless hours were spent looking through archives for any kind of dirt. I know because I helped in that department. My conclusions after researching, nothing concrete or valid enoughto use in an election. I stood at the civic center watching the people and listening to the debates, all the while thinking "this next election is gonna be tough". Then the unthinkable happened, Ghiz won????? This guy my age, whom I kinda remember from my younger days, was their newest leader. It felt like christmas. All this time wondering how to run against a seasoned leader ended.

I feel Ghiz lets some of his members do their own thing. Mainly Brown. He probably is a great guy outside the office. He certainly seems intelligent enough. His tyrads, however, are his down fall. Everything he says is political. W5 interviews him in regards to an orphanage issue from the past. He uses it to attack the current government? Leave current politics out of it. Discuss what happened. Don't belittle the issue by going on about what Binns is doing now, talk about the people and workers of the orphanage.

I said it before that if Ghiz was going to come out on top, he has to keep his team in line. No interview with the media should be allowed unless he knows about it AND knows what they are going to say. Binns is a seasoned politician and ALWAYS chooses his words carefully. But time for that has passed. Even now I hear the blades being sharpened down on Kent St. But who knows, maybe like scrooge, he'll see the ghosts and change his future.

2 Comments:

Blogger sourisboy said...

well I don't know who was scared at the leadership, most of us were shocked he won - then delighted

but you are correct on one thing, in 96 Binns said 10 yrs then he's out. That clock is ticking and I don't see anyone strong enough to carry the torch like he did

o and confidense and cockiness, they are 2 diferent things my friend

6:02 p.m., March 09, 2005  
Blogger sourisboy said...

~LOL~ no problem, and it's more of a sport here than anywheres else. Like usa has footbal, england cricket, ireland drinking, ect

8:23 p.m., March 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home