Friday, September 02, 2005

Us humans are strange

I was always one that was used to having a pet. Had a cat named Willow growing up and then got another one about 4 years ago. ~LOL~ named him schezwan because my room mate at the time told me if I got a cat he would make stir fry out of him. Last couple days he was acting weird, so I called the vet. Seems he has a blockage in his bladder (crystals or something). Never knew how attached I was to the furball til I was told my options: Around 1500 bucks for medical bills or The Needle. So here I am, hoping my family can lend me the coin for it. Mom said she is good for at least 1/2.....Even found myself saying at work, some people have kids....I have a cat. So if everything goes well, he'll be released on Monday.

On a lighter note I finally got a digital camera. Hoping in the weeks to follow to set up a pic slide show in the links. A way for people to see my world through my eyes........probably be a few drunken pics on it

3 Comments:

Blogger Riki said...

Hope your kitty is doing well, Souris.... Like I've said before.. I wish I had've paid attention to the signs when my kitty started having problems... might've saved his life... I was devistated... I remember at the time, I had $600 on me.. and I would have given every penny of it.. and stole for more if I had to, in order to save him... the vet said it would have been too late, even if we had brought him in a day earlier than we did... Like I said, I ignored the signs... he was a 20lb pillow... and I miss him a lot..

1:16 a.m., September 05, 2005  
Blogger sourisboy said...

he's doing good, has been beating up the vets the past couple of days. I should be picking him up today or tomorrow

11:20 a.m., September 05, 2005  
Blogger chosha said...

Hi, I'm visiting today via The Funky Cowboy's blog.

Don't forget to add a few pics of your cat's triumphant return after treatment. Hope all goes well with that.

I've only had a few pets I was really attached to over the years, but they will never be forgotten. It's kind of an amazing thing to achieve some kind of connection with an animal who can't speak to us and only understands us through our tone of voice or actions.

2:20 a.m., September 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home